Welcome to Eminis.com
What is E-mini Futures Trading?
E-mini S&P 500 Commodity Futures
E-mini S&P 500 futures provide a way to efficiently gain exposure to the key benchmark for large-cap U.S. stocks and arguably the most liquid stock index futures contract in the world. This all-electronic contract also enables you to:
- Benefit from lower trading costs compared to trading individual stocks or Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Use a financial tool that accommodates a range of strategies, different market environments and varied objectives
- Together with other CME Group equity products, effectively replicate all your global equity exposure on a single platform
Things to know about emini futures:
- Traded solely electronically on the CME Globex platform
- Accessible virtually around the clock, around the world
- Complete price transparency and anonymity
- It is 1/5 the size of the standard S&P 500 futures contract
- It offers substantial liquidity with tight bid/ask spreads and unparalleled depth of market
- CME Clearing matches and settles all trades and guarantees counterparty creditworthiness
About the Underlying futures Index:
The S&P 500 Index is the most widely followed benchmark of stock market performance in the world. It is capitalization-weighted and float-adjusted index of 500 large-capitalization stocks traded on the NYSE, ASE and the Nasdaq National Market System. The Index represents the market value of all outstanding common shares of the 500 firms listed (share price x shares outstanding). A change in the price of any one stock influences the Index in proportion to the relative market value of that firm’s outstanding shares.